3 October 2009

Have you not got the tiniest scintilla of intellect?

I happen to be on benefits.

Have you not got the tiniest scintilla of intellect to realise that essentially there is no difference between me and someone who has a paid job in the sense that someone else gives both of us money?

I am the more sane of the two categories in the sense that I am honest enough to say that if I have no money I cannot live. There is no more reason to give money to someone who performs "paid work" than there is to give money to someone who doesn't.

Have you not got the tiniest scintilla of intellect to see simple things like that?

It is a political decision that someone who happens to kick a ball around a field also receives money from someone else. Someone who does this does not necessarily deserve anything for it.