13 January 2007

A Poem "At the end of the corridor"

At the end of the corridor

The bargain that you strike with the psychiatrist
No bargain was struck at my end
he signs you off work
you say you are not too bad
you lie when you say thanks for your help
when you know he is the problem
you need him to sign you off work so you can keep your freedom and your benefits
but this precludes you from so-called normal life wage slavery
house car kids mortgage
are you sad?
at the end of the day sometimes
he is just dealing with those
who call society's bluff
and refuse to bluff themselves and blag and pretend
as all must do in capitalist society
pretend you fit in and know what you're doing
he's dealing with someone who never bothered
to get a job because no one made him get one
to get a job because he had no clue what or how
Yes the man left behind seeing the shrink
He's the sane one or at least the one
Who cannot deceive
The psychiatrist what does he want
A quiet life
There's nothing wrong with me really
In sigh key a trick terms
At the end of the corridor
That's my problem
Will I ever be free?
Not have to see the psychiatrist?
Not have to see the headmaster?
Will I ever be free
From the one who lets me be free?
When will I be free of the one who lets me be free?
Once he says you are this or that
He has to see you
Will I ever be cured?
Will I ever be cured of something I never had?
How can you cure me of something I never had?
It is not my choice because the deceit was not mine
Will I ever be cured of something I never had?

------------------