2 January 2007

2nd January 2007 - Topics

Lucky sevens to you.

Quite a horrific end to the year with the Saddam thing. Reminiscent of the demise of Caucescu.
Not much of an improvement on a lynching. But at least there was a pretty civilised trial. If maybe incomplete.
I'm totally opposed to the death penalty in any circumstances.
So I am with the lock him up and let him feed his plants brigade.

I have made some new year's resolutions. I won't talk about them now.

Did you know that Soda and Lime is cheap - in fact I have known it to be free in some pubs - delicious, refreshing, low in calories and non-alcholic? Don't go on about it though otherwise they'll start marketing it and making it twice the price.

Didn't know that the recommended limit for alcohol is so low.
Just checked out a website about drink. A man shouldn't really have more than 2 or 3 strong pints a day. Flip!

I really overdid it on New Year's Eve. I am still recovering. I got to this point where I thought "I am really enjoying this being drunk. I want to get more drunk. I know I can handle it. I have done before." Plonker, Rodney.

----

I have realised that there are a few key ideas I am seeeking question in this blog or maybe I should call it a symposium. A word that is related to drinking.

It's not a blog as such at the moment. It's more like a collection of opinions. Self-expression.
So what are the key ideas I am seeking to express here?


There are some key concepts that I want to question and express a provisional view on:

The Gulf "War"
Anti-Semitism and Judeophobia
Jobs and employment
Education funding and universities...
Economics...
Politics
Social Darwinism
Psychology and "mental health"; psychiatry and anti-psychiatry
The Holocaust and the mentally ill
Religion and definitions of religion
...

Actually some are all inter-related.
And they are fluid.
I am still trying to work some of them out as well.
So it's a work in progress.

----

Saw this thing by the mayor of London called "World Civilisation or Clash of Civilisations?"

Very interesting. If I have to plump for one it would be World Civilisation.

But I don't mean by that that I believe in a single world culture.

Just some common shared aspects. Maybe.

I always seem to be deciding something. Currently it is whether to permanently publish this blog. And how much of it should I publish.

There are other things too.