5 September 2009

I am thanking the Universe for Richard Ingrams

I am thanking the Universe for Richard Ingrams.

I want to thank him warmly for a simple thing he said.

A Jewish historian compared Bush and Blair to Churchill and Roosevelt.
Ingrams simply said that this is "nonsense."
Of course it's nonsense!

It is sickening and depressing that a Jewish historian of the Holocaust can make this comparison, given the Anti-Semitic and genocidal attack on Iraq (1991-2008) and I am very glad that Ingrams has said and written what he said.

I am eternally grateful to Ingrams for writing that.

I always love his succint columns anyway, but this comment alone has won him my devotion.

--------------------------------------------------
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/columnists/richard-ingrams/richard-ingramsrsquos-week-no-one-talks-nonsense-quite-like-a-historian-1710763.html


-------------------------------------

This piece also includes the following fascinating point:

"Why did the Americans invade? We still don't know. Even Bush's director of policy at the state department Richard Haass has said that "he would go to his grave not knowing the answer". "

.......