28 February 2008

Responsibilty

If I point out something that is true to you and you choose to ignore it,
then the responsibilty for the consequences for you of ignoring the truth I point out
is yours not mine.

I have no power all I can do is point out what I see is the obvious truth.
I point it out again and again.

If you chose to ignore it, then the responsibility is yours not mine.

It should not matter who I am or how I say it or when I say it.
If it's true it's true.
I often wish some things were not true, but if they are true they are true.

It's not my fault if they're true.

---------

I firmly believe that either something is the case or it is not the case.

---------


The current political obssession with benefit "reform" is truly sickening.
What they really seem to want to do is bring back the workhouse.
What if there is no work to do because of mechanisation?
We've got it all the wrong way round. The work ethic is from the late Middle Ages.
The whole thrust of technology is to save labour. Why don't we share the work?
Production should be for needs not profit.
Besides all this basic needs are a right. End of story.


No one mentions the welfare that the rich are on in the form of subsidies.

A basic income is the only fair and logical solution.

More benefits, not less.

Jobs are also social institutions, not just economic ones.

Once you've got the cushy job that involves not a great deal, that almost anyone at all could do, then you get the big wage packet. Hardly fair.

There are millions of people with well paid jobs who just did a degree and then got the cushy easy office job with the big wage packet.

The world of work is full of holes and it's the world of work that we should be scrutinising just as much as benefits and the so-called "benefits culture."

What about rich people who don't work/work little or take early retirement to go on cruises? Why don't we moan about the "idle rich culture"?

------

If you are rich, no matter how you made your money - winning the lottery, inventing ring-tones for mobiles - then you are allowed to do what you like and this is approved of by society.

If you are poor and survive on benefits opprobrium is heaped upon you and

you are persecuted until you find paid work.
Perhaps because your existence points to the insanity of the whole system.....


This is the acme of injustice.