9 September 2007

"Inverted" "commas"

In my experience, nothing shows disdain more effectively than a couple of so-called "inverted" "commas".

------------------------------------

"Rehab": CitizenSofa Version

They tried to make me go to rehab
and I said "no fucking chance"
so they got the police,
hand-cuffed me and stuck me in the back of a cop van.

"Rehab"

They tried to make me go to rehab
I said No No No
They said "We'll make you go"
And I said
"No you can't call the police
Because I am a rich and famous pop star."
And they said "Oh OK. You have a point there."

Why oh why fucking why don't pop stars ever get sectioned???

This is the most profound philosophical musing I can think of at the moment.

I must say the idea of Doherty getting sectioned fills me with glee. Only joking.
He wouldn't hack psych ward. He'd be climbing the walls.

You may say but he is not mad and you are.

Well I disagree.

It is my contention that when you say someone is "mad"
all you mean is:
"I disapprove of this person's thoughts and behaviour"
and NOTHING more.